The Lorain County Commissioners are pleased to announce that Lorain County, in partnership with the cities of Oberlin and Sheffield Lake, have been awarded $1,062,500 in funding from the Ohio Development Services Agency Community Housing Impact and Preservation (CHIP) Grant. As Partners, each community has funds designated to address home repair and rehabilitation of privately owned-owner occupied housing.
Interested parties can attend a “KICK-OFF” meeting which will be held on Wednesday, October 5th 2016 at 6:00pm in the Commissioners Public Hearing Room B, located on the fourth floor of the Lorain County Administration Building, 226 Middle Ave. in Elyria. Consultants and staff will be on hand to explain the program requirements and answer questions.
Applications will be available beginning October 6th at:
- Lorain County Commissioners web-site
- Lorain County Community Development Department, 226 Middle Ave 5th Floor, Elyria
- City of Oberlin Planning Department, 69 South Main St 2nd Floor, Oberlin
- Oberlin Community Services, 285 S. Professor St., Oberlin
- City of Sheffield Lake, City Hall, 609 Harris Rd., Sheffield Lake
- Call (440)328-2322