Leaf collection slated Nov.-Dec.
Curbside leaf pick up by city service department crews will begin in early November. As has bee the practice in recent years, they will work from the east to the west sides of the city. There is no specific schedule for an individual street because weather and volume of leaves being collected impacts the schedule. Weather permitting, leaf collection will go through December.
Residents can help ensure the process moves well by please doing the following:
- Place leaves on the tree lawn, not in the street.
- Pile leaves away from storm drains, mailboxes, and parked cars.
- Landscape rocks, bricks and other solid yard debris should be placed in separate piles for pick up on Fridays by Republic Services. This prevents damage to equipment and injuries to workers.
- Separate branches from leaves and other yard waste. Call 440-949-6259 to request the city stop by to chip branches for you.
- Leaves not collected during this time should be bagged in brown paper yard bags and left at curbside for pick up by Republic Services on Friday throughout the year.